Hi everyone, this is going to be an in-depth, step-by step walkthrouh into Queen Latifah’s weight loss blueprint towards a Hollywood look.
Did you find yourself many times wondering: “How did they do it?”
Here’s Queen Latifah’s blueprint to weight loss, deciphered by a specialist:
The secret is WILL and ACTION. Sucking your thumb day by day is not going to yield any results; nor thinking when should I start, how should I do it, etc. It is almost the same like quitting smoking. You always tend to say “tomorrow” – a way to come to ease with your conscience, while letting lazyness and/or immediate comfort prevail. And THAT tomorrow never comes. Because you are not 100% determined to do it. So the first thing is DETERMINATION, everything else comes afterwards. If you’re determined to do it, one day it will happen. Lazyness, procrastination, sweet lies to yourself just to get by one more day without doing anything – all will drop like dead leaves in the autumn. Will Smith (at the Los Angeles premiere of Barbershop 2: Back in Business) says of Ms Latifah: She “doesn’t accept limits. She just believes in herself.” Phillip Noyce, Latifah’s director at the thriller “The Bone Collector” 1999, adds: “She has a big aura. She owns every room she’s in.”
So be aware. Think of why you want to do it? What is the best and worst case scenario in the case you succeed or in case of failure. Picture yourself there, at the end of the journey. How do you feel? Is it better? Is it an uplifting, refreshing sensation, or just the opposite? Is it worth fighting for? Is it worth sacrificing your high carb meals, is it worth the effort or physical exercise? Everybody has his own answer and different reasons, so throw away all you’ve heard, all the crap that others tell you (not that it is crap in itself, but many of the times it is not relevant for YOU), and ask Your Self: what do I want? Why? How would I feel better, inside and out? The answer is unique, and is only yours. Find it, first. Afterwards, in everything you do, try to stay true to these answers, because they came from your heart. And as such you will stay true to your heart – which is the biggest judge, and never lies or fails you.
What does this has to do with Queen Latifah? It has. Because she had the same inner dialogue, some time ago. This is why I chose her. Because it demonstrates that the first step is always so important. If the first step is wrong, all the next steps that come afterwards will be into the wrong direction, and you will wonder yourself: “Why did I fail?”.
So, this was her dialogue:
1) “I was not born a size 2. I’m not skinny, period.”.
2) “I think I got to that place by not being happy with the other side — hating your body and criticizing yourself all the time. When I was around 18, I looked in the mirror and said, ‘You’re either going to love yourself or hate yourself.’ And I decided to love myself. That changed a lot of things.”
3) She decides what she want: “Her focus isn’t to be a waif,” says her stylist Susan Moses. “She works out for health.”
After you’ve answered these questions and know what you want, it’s time to identify the pathway to success – the one that suits you, and your goals.
Queen Latifah’s pathway is well balanced, and this is another reason why I like what she does and I think it has such a great success.
- – Do exercise, workout; but there’s no need to kill yourself.
- – be careful what you eat; but there’s no need to starve yourself
- – don’t be lazy; have an active life and schedule; but don’t get sleep deprived – this is gonna make more damage, and in the end you will end up putting weight
- – track your progress, and make yourself accountable; But don’t become your own tyrant. Indulge yourself from time to time, because in the end you love yourself, right?
Here’s a short motivational video we’ve put up for you: